Welcome to the latest One Model product release update. This article provides an overview of the product innovations and improvements to be delivered on 12 July 2023.
- We have a number of ways of loading data into One Model depending on the type and volume of particular datasets and the multitude of source systems. We are able to load data for specific time periods, load only the data that has changed since the last data load (aka incremental/delta loads), and load all available data. In this release we have added a powerful new capability that is particularly useful for very large datasets in Workday. This new capability is like a reverse time machine. We can load a period of data and then start walking backward through time, gradually loading more and more data until the full historical dataset is available for analysis in One Model. This means the data can be pulled back gradually over several individual API Runs and Data Loads, rather than waiting for a single full Data Load to complete. To use this new capability, run a Destructive API Run for Workday, but override the number of months processed in that Destructive run to a smaller number, anything from one month to maybe a couple of years. Then, add a schedule for Historical API Runs for that Data Source. These will pull back data one month at a time. Depending on how long each Historical load takes to pull a month of data, it can be restricted to once or twice a week, or a few times a day. We recommend running them until all the months of history have been downloaded from Workday. (ref 16102).
One Model Help Center
Welcome to the new One Model Help Center!
Take a look around, use the search box to quickly find resources, or tap on the popular searches buttons. If you're a signed-in Admin user, you can even leave comments on the articles about what you liked and offer suggestions for improvements. Also, a gentle reminder that the direct links to the articles and sections have changed so be sure to update any hyperlinks you have to our help content.
Minor Improvements & Bugs Squashed
- We added support for multi-character field delimiters for flat files. This allows us to support a delimiter like “*|*”, instead of just “|” in delimited files (ref 16421)
- We had an issue where the Tables and Columns Admin Report was getting stuck processing very large export requests. We took down the report, made a few tweaks, and now export requests for the Tables and Columns Admin Report are working again. Huzzah! (ref 16513) This was patched to the production environment on 3 July 2023.
- We fixed a bug where an autofill was showing in the Storyboard filter search input box when it shouldn’t. Now all you will see is what you type in there. (ref 16016)
- We fixed a bug where the Storyboard tab highlighting was sometimes working and sometimes not. Now whenever you’re in the Storyboard tab, whether that’s the Storyboard Library or Storyboard, the highlighting is constant and consistent. (ref 12437)
- We had a bug with Greenhouse V2 where it was getting stuck and wouldn’t notify users of an error if the Greenhouse server was in Maintenance. We have fixed this by setting a Retry Window to cover the expected maintenance period, and if the error from Greenhouse persists we now error the task. (ref 16293)