Welcome to the last One Model product release update for 2023. Reflecting on this past year, we have delivered amazing capabilities, exciting features, and enhancements for our customers, and we look forward to doing it all again in 2024. Click the link to view the 2024 product release and maintenance calendar. Our next release will be 10 January 2024.
This article provides an overview of the product innovations and improvements to be delivered on 06 December 2023.
- Something for all you One Model administrators out there. Introducing the Data Loads Alerts Framework!
Subscribe to receive an email notification when your data loads have completed (when the metrics are updated) or when there is an error for all or selected data sources. To set up your alerts:
- The first step is to ensure that you have the CanConfigureNotifications permission.
- The second step is to click on the ‘Account’ icon at the top right of the screen and select ‘Preferences’. Open the ‘Notifications’ pane, and then click ‘Add New Subscription’.
- Complete the form and click ‘Save’.
Once you have subscribed to receive an alert notification, an email with your data load details, similar to what is shown below, will be sent to your email address. If you want to dig into the details, hit the 'Details' button and you will be taken to the Data Loads page in the One Model application.
If you do not receive your subscribed alerts to you inbox, be sure to check your spam / junk folder. Please note that if you proxy as another user, you will not be able to view their preferences, including the data loads alert framework settings.
- We introduced a new feature to allow Storyboard designers to control the ordering of dimensions in the Storyboard filter template. Before now, the order of filter dimensions in the Storyboard filter bar was not configurable, so we made some key adjustments to ensure the selected ordering persists. Now when Storyboard designers make changes to the Storyboard filter template in Modify Mode, the order that the filters are added and displayed will be maintained for all users of that Storyboard. (ref 8793)
Accessibility in One Model
- As part of our ongoing work to deliver software that is accessible to everyone and meets the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), we have released additional enhancements for the Storyboard filter bar to better control it with the keyboard and the focus of the JAWS screen reader while navigating through the filter nodes and levels. We have added these keystroke interactions to our One Model Accessibility article in the new section titled 'Storyboard Filter Bar Specific Functions'. (ref 17099)
Data Processing Improvements
- We improved the performance of the date_slices functionality for cases where there are a large number of records with the same effective_from or effective_to date. (ref 16534)
Minor Improvements & Bugs Squashed
- We fixed an issue with tick or minor tick intervals on a chart axis where users were entering values with a negative number, a value less than zero such as -2.0. This would result in the chart becoming unresponsive as it tried to process an invalid negative number. Now, when a user tries to enter a negative number, the chart will automatically reset the value to zero and process as usual. (ref 17933)
- We added duplication handling logic to the New Hire Success / Failure One AI Recipe to account for people being hired, terminated, and then re-hired. (ref 2760, 2777)
- [Updated 2023.12.07] We fixed a bug on the Home Page where time dimension filters were not being applied in the query and therefore results were not being updated correctly in the Home Page Tile. (ref 18182)
- [Updated 2023.12.07] We fixed a bug that occurred when a user was permissioned to view a Storyboard but not change the Storyboard filter set (Share Storyboard Settings = CanView, CanChangeFilterSet is Unchecked) then this user could only access Page 1 of a Storyboard. Any additional tabs were visible but the user was unable to click on these. (ref 18408)